Monday, April 25, 2011

SERENDIPITY 3 AND A BALD MAN.

Let's start this by saying I love chocolate. I love the smell, I love the shape, and I love the taste. I want to make out with it. I want to bathe in it. I want my clothes to be made of chocolate so I can eat them. You get the picture. So I took a recent trip to Sin City, good ol' Las Vegas and did my pants expand. If you enjoy indulging (and boy do I) I suggest you make two trips. Both are incredible, so don't ask me to pick a favorite. First up: Serendipity 3.
If you can't make it to Vegas, there's one in NY too. Serendipity 3 is perfectly located on the Strip in front of Caesar's, if you don't have a reservation expect to wait a couple hours. The Frozen Hot Chocolate is their signature, but their food is bomb too (their portions are huge!). That drink was like sipping heaven thru a straw. It was light and fluffy, a perfect after meal compliment. They had so many chocolate options I wanted to curl into the fetal position and wait for my stomach to make room. Great vibe, great food, great desserts, and priced quite reasonable. My advice: share an entree and get crazy with those many dessert options! Onto my other new favorite restaurant:
Max Brenner's Chocolate by the Bald Man!

He's a modern day Willy Wonka. I'm not kidding. His restaurant just opened in the Caesar's Palace last year, and it is PHENOMENAL. Dude. The restaurant has two levels and wasn't too busy (even on a Saturday night). The food, portions, and service were great. I especially loved the decor and the vibe. If you go, get the chocolate drink concoctions, the hot chocolate, the desserts, and if you have room buy something to bring home. So I could barely button my pants when I left. Whatever. This man knows chocolate. He only has a few locations in the U.S. (NY, Vegas, Philly, and now Boston!) It's an experience. If you love chocolate, you need to find your way to these two restaurants. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment